Saturday, November 28, 2009

Bargain Hunting at Target

Missed out on Black Friday deals? Looking to pick up bargains at Target after Christmas? You can pick up holiday and other merchandise at fantastic discount after Christmas.

From my past experiences, Target's typical post-holiday discounting schedule is as follows:
  • 50% off on day 1-3 after holiday
  • 75% off on day 4-6 after holiday
  • 90% off on day 7-9 after holiday
You should confirm with your local Target, as local managers have some leeway to set their own timetable.

In the past, I have picked up Christmas trees at 50% off (I wanted a fabulous tree), as well as Christmas cards, decorations and wrappings at 90% off.

When I enter my local Target, I often head straight to the markdown sections where the clearance items (with red price tags) are found. Target regularly mark down items with red tags at 30%, 50%, and finally 75% off. I normally wait until 50% or 75% before I buy.

No comments: