Sunday, June 14, 2009

A Penny Saved Is A Penny Gained #01

Today's roundup of my favorite money saving tips:
  1. I borrow books, magazines and DVDs for free from my local public library instead of buying new, subscribing or renting.

  2. I reuse plastic grocery bags as liners in my trash bins.

  3. I buy machine-washable clothes to save on dry cleaning.

  4. I mixed vinegar, water and baking soda as homemade natural cleaner instead of buying commercial products.

  5. I brownbag my own lunch to work.

  6. I eat my breakfast at home instead of making impulse breakfast purchases on my way to work.

  7. Whenever possible, I buy gently used stuff at consignment or thrift stores.

  8. Whenever possible, I double my savings at supermarkets by combining coupons with sales.

  9. I watch over-the-air HDTV broadcast and catch up on movies and TV shows for free online using Hulu and Boxee instead of paying for cable.

  10. I take advantage of free or discounted promotions for various services and cancel before the various promotions end.

No comments: