Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Online Banking Rate Comparison

I must admit that I haven't done much to update my early blog post on online savings accounts. If you want to know how the various online banking institutions compare among themselves, Get Rich Slowly has done a wonderful job compiling the various rate charts for easy comparison: Online Banking: 13 Choices for Higher Interest Rates and Increased Security.

Looking at the chart, it is clear that Ally Bank (formerly known as GMAC Bank) offers some of the best rates in the industry. My Money Blog has reviewed Ally Bank here and here. I am so tempted to move some of my funds, which is sitting in an HSBC Online Savings account with a paltry 1.55% annual interest rate to them. Any thoughts?

Link: Online Banking: 13 Choices for Higher Interest Rates and Increased Security (via Get Rich Slowly)

No comments: