Friday, April 3, 2009

My Favorite Personal Finance Blogs

Everyone has his or her favorite personal finance blogs, and I am no exception. I too have my daily fix of personal finance blogs, which I have highlighted in my blogroll section. Here are my thoughts on the personal finance blogs I follow:
  • My Money Blog: I first learned about this blog in a Businessweek article some years ago. I like this blog for its interesting insights and useful links, and I have learned a great deal from the articles and write-ups that Jonathan has put up over the years.

  • My Open Wallet: I stumbled onto this blog by accident and have been captivated by the saga of Madame X, as she tries to matchmake fellow frugalists, shares her successes and misses, as she survives in the publishing business in New York City. Not to be missed are her stories about her childhood and her parents' financial struggles.

  • Boston's Gal Open Wallet chronicles another mid-life blogger as she watches her spending and shares her insights. I like this site for the articles from various news media sources, and the links to various personal finance stories.

  • Single Ma's Fabulous Financials is the brainchild of a witty single mother with a spunky daughter who transformed her life from the hood to a successful executive. I like this site for Single Ma's no-holds barred wit and her frank honesty about successes and failures.

  • Chief Family Officer and its companion site CFO Reviews are maintained by Cathy, who discusses family, child-raising, saving money, and much more. CFO Reviews has lots of deals, freebies and more, while the main site, Chief Family Officer offers recipes, tips on child-raising, more tips on coupons, and more.
Enjoy!

No comments: