Friday, April 3, 2009

My Thoughts on Paid Surveys

Today, I received a $3.00 check in the mail from Pinecone Research. Since I joined their panel in November 2008, I have completed five surveys and earned $15.00. Pinecone Research used to offer $5.00, but by the time I joined, the company reduced the compensation to $3.00 per survey. The company also offers products for sampling. My experience with Pinecone Research has been great, and I have no hesitation recommending them. Unfortunately, you have to chase the elusive sign-up links that pop up from time to time on personal finance blogs.

Other paid surveys that I participate in are: SurveySavvy.com, MySurvey.com and American Consumer Opinion. Here are my experiences with these three companies:

I haven't had much success with SurveySavvy.com, as I can't seem to land on any paid surveys with them. I don't have the patience to fill up surveys that promise sweepstakes entries. You may have better luck than me, depending on your location, gender, age, ethnicity, and salary. If you are interested, here's the sign-up link.

MySurvey.com offers points for different survey that you completed. I have done many surveys and are slowly accumulating points to redeem for cash. If you're interested, here's the sign-up link.

Since joining American Consumer Opinion at the beginning of this year, I have landed one survey that paid $4.00. They have lots of screener surveys, and I can't seem to get past these screener surveys. I am beginning to think that I may not fit the demographics of their clients. Here is the sign-up link, if you are interested. Perhaps you may fare better than me.

All the paid survey sites I mentioned above are free. There are no membership fees to join any of them. Beware of sites that require you to pay a membership fee to join. I'm not sure that they are worth their money. Worse, they could also be scams.

No comments: